is offered by:
THIBAULT VAN RENNE BVBA
Company number (VAT-BE): 0806.530.749
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0032 9 329 54 75
Feel free to contact us should you have any privacy-related questions. We promise to reply soon!
1. WHY THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT?
Every person who visits or uses the Website (hereafter the “User”) is likely to disclose a certain amount of personal data. The personal data is information which allows THIBAULT VAN RENNE to identify you as a natural person, regardless of whether we actually do this. You are identifiable as soon as it is possible to create a direct or indirect link between one or more data and you as a natural person.
Every reference in this Privacy Statement to the ‘GDPR’ is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Natural Persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of such Data (General Data Protection Regulation). We will only use and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and any replacement legislation, or any similar regulation under any applicable law, and any regulatory requirements or codes of practice governing the use, storage or transmission of personal data.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA?
THIBAULT VAN RENNE is responsible for the processing of the personal data and decides alone or in cooperation with others which personal data are being collected as well as the purposes and the technical and organisational means with regard to the processing of those personal data. As a consequence, THIBAULT VAN RENNE is considered to be a ‘data controller’ within the meaning of the GDPR.
THIBAULT VAN RENNE is free to rely on data processors. A processor is the natural or legal person who processes your personal data upon request and on behalf of the data controller. The processor is required to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data. The processor shall always act on the instructions of the data controller.THIBAULT VAN RENNE relies on the following categories of "processors":• Companies we have engaged for marketing purposes;
• Companies we have engaged for hosting purposes;
• Companies we have engaged for administrative purposes;
• Companies we have engaged for communication purposes;
• Companies we have engaged for statistical purposes;
• Companies we have engaged for payment purposes.
3. ON WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS ARE MY DATA PROCESSED?
In accordance with the GDPR we process personal data on the following legal grounds:• On the basis of the execution of the contract agreed upon with you or the execution of pre-contractual steps taken at your request; or
• On the basis of compliance with legal or regulatory provisions with regard to the management of the contractual relationship, invoicing in particular;
• On the basis of our legitimate interest in sending information to Users who fill out the contact form on our Website;
• On the basis of your consent to send promotional offers (direct marketing).
4. WHICH PERSONAL DATA ARE BEING PROCESSED?
THIBAULT VAN RENNE commits to only collect and process adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. The following categories of personal data are processed by THIBAULT VAN RENNE:• Personal identification data (name, first name, address, login details);
• Contact details (telephone number and e-mail address);
5. FOR WHICH PURPOSES ARE MY PERSONAL DATA BEING USED?
THIBAULT VAN RENNE collects your personal data for the sole purpose of offering every User of our a safe, optimised and personal user experience of our Website and the offered services. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as the User makes more intensive use of our Website and our online services. THIBAULT VAN RENNE reserves the right to suspend or cancel certain operations if personal data is missing, incorrect or incomplete.The processing of your personal data is essential for the proper functioning of the Website and the provision of associated services. THIBAULT VAN RENNE commits to solely process your personal data for the following purposes:• Management of information requests and complaints.
• Protection against fraud and infringements.
• Sending newsletters, personalized marketing and profiling if you have expressly agreed to it. In that case, you are free to withdraw your consent at any time. When visiting the website of THIBAULT VAN RENNE, some data are being collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimise your user experience. These data are: IP-address, probable location of consultation, hour and day of the consultation and the pages which are being consulted. When you visit the Website, you explicitly agree to this collection of data for statistical purposes.The User provides the personal data to THIBAULT VAN RENNE himself and therefore retains a certain degree of control. When certain data is incomplete or apparently incorrect, THIBAULT VAN RENNE has the right to postpone some expected actions temporarily or permanently.
6. WHO RECEIVES YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your personal data are processed for internal use within THIBAULT VAN RENNE only. Your personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to any third parties, except in case you have given us your explicit prior consent or if we are legally obligated to do so.
7. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Your data is stored as long as necessary to achieve the purposes pursued. They will be erased from our database as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purposes pursued or if you validly exercise your right to erasure.
8. WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
8.1 Guarantee of a legitimate and secure process of your personal data
Your personal data is always processed for the legitimate purposes explained in point 5. Your personal data is collected and processed in an appropriate, relevant and non-excessive manner, and is not kept longer than necessary to achieve the intended purposes.
8.2 Right to access
If you can prove your identity, you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data. Thus, you have the right to know the purposes of the processing, the categories of data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data is transmitted, the criteria used to determine the data retention period, and the rights that you can exercise on your personal data.
8.3 Right to rectification of your personal data
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data may be corrected. It is the responsibility of the User to request a rectification in writing.
8.4 Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten”)
You also have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data under the following assumptions:- Your personal data is no longer necessary for the intended purposes;
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You have validly exercised your right of opposition;
- Your data has been illegally processed;
- Your data must be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.The deletion of personal data is mainly related to visibility; it is possible that the deleted data are still temporarily stored.
8.5 Right to limitation of processing
In certain cases, you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data, especially in case of dispute as to the accuracy of the personal data, if the personal data is necessary in the context of legal proceedings or the time required to THIBAULT VAN RENNE to verify that you can validly exercise your right to erasure.
8.6 Right to object
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes. THIBAULT VAN RENNE will stop processing your personal data unless it can demonstrate that there are compelling legitimate reasons for the processing which prevail over your right to object.
8.7 Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain any personal data which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. At your request, this data may be transferred to another provider unless it is technically impossible.
8.8 Right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time, for example for direct marketing purposes.
9. HOW TO EXERCISE MY RIGHTS?
If you wish to exercise your rights, you must send a written request and proof of identity by registered mail to THIBAULT VAN RENNE, THIBAULT VAN RENNE BVBA, Mageleinstraat 46, 9000 Gent, Belgium or by email to email@example.com. We will respond as soon as possible, and no later than one (1) month after receipt of the request.
10. POSSIBILITY TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your personal data by THIBAULT VAN RENNE, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Protection Authority (for Belgium: dataprotectionauthority.be )
© 2018 deJuristen IT law and Intellectual Property (ictrecht.be). The offered information is protected under copyright legislation, which means that this information may not be reproduced or distributed without the previous and written permission of deJuristen (firstname.lastname@example.org). deJuristen thus retains all relevant intellectual property rights.